The IEEE Biometrics Council and IAPR TC-4 invite proposals to host the 2025 edition of the International Joint Conference on Biometrics, preferably around September-October 2025 in Asia/Australia. Proposals from other regions are welcome.
IEEE IJCB is the premier international forum for research in biometrics and related technologies, combining two major, the IEEE Biometrics Theory, Applications, and Systems (BTAS) conference and the International Conference on Biometrics (ICB), and is made possible through a special agreement between the by the IEEE Biometrics Council and the IAPR TC-4. IJCB is intended to have a broad scope, including advances in the fields of signal processing, machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, statistical/mathematical techniques, ethical and privacy frameworks, system security, databases, and legal policy, that are relevant to biometrics.
The 2022 edition of IJCB was organised in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, and the 2023 edition in Ljubljana, Slovenia. The conference is financially sponsored by the IEEE Biometrics Council and technically co-sponsored by IAPR TC-4.
- Draft proposal for initial feedback by September 1, 2023.
- Full proposals by September 15, 2023.
- Evaluation results will be returned by October 5, 2023.
In your proposal, please include the following information:
- Organisers: tentative general chairs, program chairs, and other key roles, with specific names where possible, proposed names otherwise. Please identify the lead general and program chairs, and describe past organisation and IJCB-related experience for all organisers.
- The conference time, location and venue: the proposed dates, the city, the specific conference location and facilities, estimated costs of the venue, suggested hotel(s) and their cost(s), accessibility for travel and example travel costs, public transportation and access from nearest airports. If there is a local biometrics community, please mention.
- Hybrid/virtual attendance: plans about allowing virtual participation, in case this is considered. We strongly urge you to consider a fully in-person conference.
- Conference plans: plans for the program (technical program, special sessions, invited speakers, reception and banquet, etc.), events beyond the main conference (workshops, tutorials, tours, etc.). What is planned to be similar or different from previous IJCB conferences?
- Budget: a tentative proposed conference budget with projections for different numbers of participants (150, 200, 250). Expected registration fees, potential sponsors, IEEE administrative expenses and contingency for unexpected expenses.
All communications, including request for information and bid submission, should be sent jointly to the IEEE Biometrics Council, VP Conferences (Albert Ali Salah, firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the Conference Subcommittee Chair of IAPR TC-4 (Vishal Patel, email@example.com).