The IEEE Biometrics Council invites applications for the Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Trans. on Biometrics, Behavior and Identity Science. The term is for three years. The applicants must have strong, relevant experience in roles such as author, reviewer, and area/associate editor for biometrics related publications/journals, and/or a Technical Program Chair or similar roles in high quality conferences. The responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief include:
- actively soliciting high quality papers to be published in TBIOM.
- identifying and appointing qualified and diverse set of editorial board members, in consultation with the Publications Committee Members
- working with editorial board to ensure manuscript decisions and publication of high quality papers in a timely manner,
- engaging with editorial board members to solicit special issue proposals and manuscripts in identified areas,
- collaborating with sister organizations from and outside of IEEE to promote TBIOM and identify collaborative opportunities.
Applications must include an application/nomination letter, detailed curriculum vitae including editorial experience, a personal statement summarizing the vision and plans for TBIOM. Please submit application materials as a single zip file attached to the email. This email should be submitted to the following mail-id firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date to receive the nominations is March 15, 2021.