Call for Student Volunteers
- Who Is Eligible to Apply?
Any student (undergraduate or graduate) who is enrolled during the conference (i.e., the student is registered for credit hours during the Fall 2019 semester).
- When are Applications Due?
Applications received before August 16, 2019 5PM Eastern Time will receive full consideration. After this date, applications will continue to be accepted and considered until all student volunteer positions are filled.
- How to Apply?
To apply to be a Student Volunteer, please complete and submit this Google Form . If you are unable to access the form, you may fill out this plain text file and submit it via email to tjneal[at]usf[dot]edu. This email should have the title "BTAS Volunteer Application". Note that an email submission is appropriate only if it isn't possible for you to apply via theGoogle Form.
- What Are the Responsibilities of a Student Volunteer?
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities and will coordinate with selected students to identify the most appropriate volunteer role for each student. Many of the positions involve working for 2-3 shifts (each about 2 hours) during the course of the conference to transport materials, manage registrations at the desk, help session chairs, etc.
- What are the Benefits of Participating as a Student Volunteer?
- Your conference registration fee is waived. We ask that you register as normal and once you have satisfied your volunteer duties, we will refund the registration. Note that the registration fee will be reimbursed to the credit card that was used when registering (e.g., if your professor paid for registration, the fee will be returned to your professora's card).
- You will get to connect with individuals organizing the conference. This opportunity is incredibly valuable for growing your professional network.
- Volunteering at conferences is professional service, and is often a valued component of a resume and CV.
If you have any questions not answered above, please contact Tempestt Neal at tjneal[at]usf[dot]edu.